Advocacy and Action
- 350.org – Climate-focused campaigns, projects and actions led from the bottom-up by people in 188 countries.
- Citizens Climate Lobby – Trains and supports volunteers to engage elected officials, the media and the public to create the political will necessary to pass the Carbon Fee and Dividend proposal.
- The Climate Reality Project – Al Gore’s project trains people who want to be educators on Climate Change.
- Elders Climate Action – A grassroots movement of elders organized to create the political will necessary to change our nation’s energy policies. Grandparents Climate Action Day is an initiative of Elders Climate Action.
- Extinction Rebellion – An international movement to halt mass extinctions.
- Fridays For Future – FFF is a global movement that began in August 2018 when 15-year old Greta Thunberg and other young activists began a school strike for climate. Her actions have sparked fellow students and activists throughout the world to protest at city halls and government agencies as well as through digital social media action.
- Green Schools Alliance – The Alliance connects more than 13,000 sustainability champions across 9,000+ schools, districts and organizations from U.S states and 91 countries.
- League of Conservation Voters – Works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities.
- Mom’s Clean Air Force – A community of moms and dads united against air pollution – including the urgent crisis of our changing climate – to protect our children’s health.
- Union of Concerned Scientists – Putting rigorous science to work to build a healthier planet and a safer world.
- US Climate Action Network (USCAN) – A vital and growing network for organizations active on climate change.
- Women’s Earth & Climate Action Network – A solutions-based, multi-faceted effort established to engage women worldwide to take action as powerful stakeholders in climate change and sustainability solutions.
USA – State and Regional Efforts
- California Environmental Justice Alliance – A statewide coalition of grassroots, environmental justice organizations.
- Chesapeake Climate Action Network (Chesapeake Bay area) – Fighting global warming in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
- Climate Action Network (San Diego) – Working to build support for our City’s draft Climate Action Plan and ensuring its successful passage and implementation, as well as helping other cities in our region implement effective climate plans and climate protection policies.
- Climate Minnesota: Climate Generation, A Will Steger Legacy, a great model for regional action and education aimed at youth, educators and activists.
- Climate Solutions – Offers practical solutions to global warming in the Pacific Northwest.
- Conservation Law Foundation (New England) – Protecting New England’s land, water and air.
- New York City Environmental Justice Alliance – A city-wide membership network linking grassroots organizations from low-income neighborhoods and communities of color in their struggle for environmental justice.
- Ceres – Mobilizing a powerful network of investors and business leader to build a thriving, healthy global economy (Reports).
- Climate Solutions Business Partnership Programs (Pacific Northwest) – Brings together executives and business leaders, entrepreneurs and investors who are committed to regional leadership, strong action to reduce global warming pollution and a transition to a clean and energy-efficient economy in the Pacific Northwest.
- Green Building Council – A global movement of professionals, businesses, innovators and community leaders working to build healthy, efficient and equitable buildings and communities for all.
- Partnership for Responsible Growth – Promoting passage of the carbon fee proposal with half the proceeds to go toward reducing the corporate tax rate.
- Risky Business – Examines the economic risks presented by climate change and opportunities to reduce them.
Building Sustainable Communities
- Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems – Conducts education, research and demonstration in life cycle planning and design emphasizing regional contexts as bases for responsible resource use relative to materials, energy, water, waste, food, and meaningful employment.
- Earth Day Network Green Cities Campaign – Helping cities and communities around the world accelerate their transition to a more sustainable future.
- Green for All – Working to build an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty.
- Institute for Policy Studies – A community of public scholars and organizers linking peace, justice, and the environment in the U.S. and globally.
Protecting Wildlife and the Biodiversity of our Planet
- Earth Day Network – Diversifies and activates the environmental movement worldwide.
- Earth Justice – The earth needs a good lawyer. Environmental Justice provides the legal backbone for more than a thousand organizations, large and small, working to hold those who break our nation’s laws accountable for their actions.
- Environmental Defense Fund – Guided by science and economics, the Environmental Defense funds tackles urgent threats with practical solutions.
- Friends of the Earth – Urges policymakers to defend the environment and work towards a healthy environment for all people.
- Greenpeace – Uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and promote solutions.
- National Wildlife Federation – Protecting wildlife, inspiring future generations.
- Natural Resources Defense Council – Working to safeguard the earth—its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depends.
- World Wildlife Fund – Climate change poses a fundamental threat to the places, species and communities WWF works to protect.
Renewable Energy and Reducing Our Dependence on Fossil Fuels
- American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) – The American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE) is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that unites finance, policy and technology to accelerate the transition to a renewable energy economy.
- Business Council for Sustainable Energy – Dedicated to implementing market-based approaches to reducing pollution and providing a diverse, secure mix of energy resources.
- GreenPeace – Working to achieve a world with 100% renewable energy.
Please submit your climate change organization to Editor@ClimateChangeDigest.com.